1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup oat bran
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
1/3 cup organic light brown sugar
1/4 cup melted Earth Balance® Coconut Spread
2 tsp. egg replacer
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup shredded coconut, plus extra for the top of the muffins
1/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups or spray with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, whisk together flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk, brown sugar, Earth Balance® Coconut Spread, egg replacer and vanilla.
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Fold in coconut and raisins.
5. Divide evenly between muffin cups and tap the pan gently on the counter to release any air bubbles. Sprinkle with extra coconut.
6. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.